minimum race bike notes

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Fri Dec 21 14:51:05 MST 2007

As one of AFM's Pres's goals for 650 Proddy was to have a "minimum
entry class" -- he even wanted to require stock bodywork, no race
skins (but was overruled) -- I had promised to throw together a page
of "minimum entry" for a new racer on an SV.

Yeah, most of you can do this better than me -- you're welcome
to ;-)  But I promised so I'm going to do it.

Obvious things:

* Safety wire
* Water wetter
* Clutch cover
* Belly pan
* Remove all lights/turn signals
* Add number plates

Is there anything else missing in the "absolute minimum required
sense" ?

Also, did any of you (Z? KC?) want to offer a "will make your bike
legal" package for new racers?  I could list it on this page as well.

Obviously I'll go ahead and make a follow-on page for all the good
things that really should be done for a race bike -- suspension,
flatsides/power commander/etc.  I'm just looking to write up how
cheap it can be done.

#553 WERA West / AFM
#5 SMRRC