Winter riding update

Steve Aronson stevewins at
Sat Dec 22 11:49:45 PST 2007

These grip heaters work well for keeping your hands warm and they're cheap.
easy to install, and always with you.

The factory DL650 hand guards will bolt right on your SV.  Lots of threads
and pics on

I like using helmet speakers for sound.  My helmet dislodges all the
earbuds I've tried so far.

A decent voltmeter is a good add on to keep an eye on the drain from your
heated accessories.  I like the small and weatherproof Datel meters.  Let's
you keep an eye on your reg/rec too.

Did you find that the Givi 760 added a lot of wind noise to the bike?   My
Givi 750 does.