Winter riding update

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sat Dec 22 13:06:47 PST 2007

I'll think about the heated grips, but probably more about the hand
protectors. Solves both problems (heat and rain) at the same time, I
just need to figure out if they will fit with the superbike bars I
have now. I'm not worried enough about the current draw to install an
ammeter, we know that there's an extra 200 watts available from the
charging system but I'm worried about long term damage. The 100 watts
drawn by the electric liner is more than I need on my torso, half of
that would be sufficient with warmer hands.

What helmet speakers are you using? I've seen nothing that would even
remotely work; even then I can't imagine dealing with the sound coming
over wind noise. The specific ear buds I listed do stay in with any
helmet I've tried.

I'm getting no extra wind noise thanks to adjustments. Initially it
was louder because I left it too vertical and there was some buffeting
around the head. Angling it back some allowed the curled upper lip to
deflect smoothly, and the wind is just at helmet level. I can easily
drop down to protection at the mouth vent or sit up a bit more to get
wind to blow my face shield clean of rain. I suspect if you try
angling your 750 a bit more it'll quiet down.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41