new pages -- bodywork and other upgrades

Architeuthis dux rg-sv650 at v0.net
Mon Dec 24 14:26:43 PST 2007

Jo Rhett wrote:
 > This page lists every sv650 bodywork I can find:
 >
 > http://www.fastlizardracing.com/content/view/16/31/

FYI - the Cheetah fairing and their heavy craptastic brackets totally
suck on the 2nd generation bikes, in my opinion.  I think they should be
professionally embarassed for even claiming it fits.  (If someone
disagrees, I'll happily sell them the one I have sitting around at a
steep discount from what I paid.)  I've heard tales of the Cheetah
fairing being mounted, but it isn't a straightforward fit as far as I
can tell.  I sent numerous emails asking for help, with a set of
questions, and they basically would cherry-pick one question from the
list and answer that one (incorrectly).  For example, I asked about one
particular bolt, and they responded with a photo of a Gen-1 bike that
had that mounting spot in a totally different location.  They're either
dishonest or incompetent or unprofessional, take your pick.  (Rant over,
sorry.)

On the other hand, the Gen2 Armour Bodies fairing fits without any drama
at all, other than having to do some simple dremel work for handlebar
clearance (at least if you start with a naked SV and go the "Woodcraft
clip-ons below the triple tree" approach.  Not sure about the SVS.

-rg