1st gen slip-on good for 2nd gen?

jorhett at fastlizardracing.com jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Wed Dec 26 00:39:13 PST 2007


Okay, so I read that as "no, you can't use that slipon no way, no how"

On Tue, December 25, 2007 11:48 pm, zoran wrote:
> which would be all but muffler.and you can't buy it that way.
>
>
> Zoran Vujasinovic
> Twin Works Factory
> 775-690-5171
> http://www.twfracing.com/index.html
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: <jorhett at fastlizardracing.com>
> To: "Suzuki SV650 Mailing List" <sv650 at micapeak.com>
> Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 7:59 PM
> Subject: Re: 1st gen slip-on good for 2nd gen?
>
>
>
>> Any pipe piece necessary for proper routing on 2nd gen ;-)
>>
>>
>> On Tue, December 25, 2007 7:16 pm, zoran wrote:
>>
>>> I believe slipons are same diameter where they bolt to stock pipe,but
>>> not sure. get what pipe piece?
>>>
>>>
>>> Zoran Vujasinovic
>>> Twin Works Factory
>>> 775-690-5171
>>> http://www.twfracing.com/index.html
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: <jorhett at fastlizardracing.com>
>>> To: "Suzuki SV650 Mailing List" <sv650 at micapeak.com>
>>> Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 6:42 PM
>>> Subject: Re: 1st gen slip-on good for 2nd gen?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> But for a slip-on, does the header matter?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Could I get a pipe piece from LV and save $300 for new pipe?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, December 25, 2007 6:37 pm, zoran wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> they are also routed totally different. first gen front header is
>>>>>  passing on left side of motor and 2nd gen right side. diameter
>>>>> of pipe is also different. 2nd gen pipe can work on 1st gen
>>>>> bike,but not other way around.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Zoran Vujasinovic
>>>>> Twin Works Factory
>>>>> 775-690-5171
>>>>> http://www.twfracing.com/index.html
>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>> From: <jorhett at fastlizardracing.com>
>>>>> To: "Suzuki SV650 Mailing List" <sv650 at micapeak.com>
>>>>> Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2007 5:56 PM
>>>>> Subject: Re: 1st gen slip-on good for 2nd gen?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, December 25, 2007 5:52 pm, jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
>>>>>>  wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> So I have a Leo Vince slip-on for the 1st gen.  I also
>>>>>>> acquired a Leo
>>>>>>> Vince full system for it.  If I get a 2nd gen bike, can I move
>>>>>>> the slip-on to the 2nd-gen bike?  Are they close enough to
>>>>>>> work?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> FYI, yes I already checked the website and confirmed part# 6315
>>>>>> for 1st
>>>>>> gen, and 6718 for 2nd gen.  I was wondering if someone had found
>>>>>>  them to be identical units or just needed a different bend in
>>>>>> the exhaust or something.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>>>>>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>>>>>> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.8/1196 - Release Date:
>>>>>>  12/25/2007 12:18 PM
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>>>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>>>> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.8/1196 - Release Date:
>>>> 12/25/2007 12:18 PM
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> No virus found in this incoming message.
>> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.8/1196 - Release Date:
>> 12/25/2007 12:18 PM
>>
>>
>>
>
>



More information about the SV650 mailing list