Sharkskinz on first gen

Henrik Bo Pedersen henrikbp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 08:32:09 PDT 2007

An old landspeed and drag racing trick is to use tie-down straps to compress
the front suspension.

If you have a hollow axle, a piece of rebar through the axle and two
tie-downs between top triple and rebar may do it for you.

If the axle is solid, you can probably rig something similar; How about a
lift table with a wheel clamp or a trailer with a wheel chuck - strap the
bike down and do your measurements. Of course you wouldn't be able to lean
the bike over to check lean-over clearance, but you may be able to
approximate with a long level or straight-edge.

Henrik