Hotbodies on first gen

Erik Weber yoober at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 09:43:41 PDT 2007

A guy at the track this weekend had a first gen with the frame
powdercoated black and red and gray Hotbodies on it. I have to say,
the bike looked great. I have heard some negative comments about
Hotbodies with regard to fit, and the guy bought the bike that way so
he couldn't comment. I was wondering if any of you have any experience
with them. The full set price on ebay is hard to beat ($500).

Specifically I'm wondering, if I buy this set and an 03 GSX-R750
fairing stay and windscreen, will it fit my 2001 SV650S properly,
gauges and all? Will I have to cut for a race exhaust or fabricate any
brackets or any other pain in the ass things?

Thanks,
Erik