Brake Upgrades

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 12:01:08 PDT 2007

The GSXR brakes Zoran had on our 24 hour bike were way too much for
me at the time, being used to squeezing the sh*t out of older gen
brakes, where brake power was determined primarily by the size of
your right forearm. Now that I'm used to well setup stock brakes
(light 2 finger pull) I didn't have much trouble transitioning to a
similar setup on my racebike. No trouble, as in trail braking in the
worst rain I've ever seen.

All that aside, I think I know what Z is talking about - braking
effect does seem to be a little notchy. Not as bad as a vintage front
drum, but they still still lack a bit in modulation. A nice radial MC
would probably take care of it; I'll have to get used to the race
setup and see where, if anywhere it's still lacking.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41