Brake Upgrades

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Fri Nov 2 14:45:23 PDT 2007

On Nov 2, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Randy Grein wrote:
> The GSXR brakes Zoran had on our 24 hour bike were way too much for
> me at the time, being used to squeezing the sh*t out of older gen
> brakes, where brake power was determined primarily by the size of
> your right forearm. Now that I'm used to well setup stock brakes
> (light 2 finger pull) I didn't have much trouble transitioning to a
> similar setup on my racebike. No trouble, as in trail braking in
> the worst rain I've ever seen.

Perhaps I'm just used to pulling hard ;-)  At buttonwillow I was
outbraking pretty much everyone I went deep on the brakes with,
fishing my rear around in the air in every hard braking zone, and
never once had reason to doubt the brakes were going to stop me.   My
problem was learning to just let the brakes off and roll a bit faster
through the corner.

FYI: funny thing is those are Galfer pads I put on the bike mid-last
summer, and they still grip like you wouldn't believe.

#553 WERA West / AFM
#5 SMRRC