Brake Upgrades

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Fri Nov 2 18:17:37 PDT 2007

Maybe it's the difference in tracks or something, but I've done fine
in Washington with bone stock brakes - IIRC I was using the stock
pads when I took the #4 plate in 2000. Pacific and Spokane place a
premium on trail braking, maybe that's the difference. I'm certainly
not noted for braking hard, just deep That may be why a set of pads
generally lasts me 2 seasons. Of course, I'm one of the few up here
who uses his rear brake, which usually wears out faster than the
front. Took a few seasons to figure it out, but again it's very
useful for trail braking and in the rain.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41