Brake Upgrades

Konneker, Tristan R Tristan.Konneker at qwest.com
Fri Nov 2 18:51:31 PDT 2007

there's a #4 plate???

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Grein [mailto:randygrein at comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 9:18 PM
To: Suzuki SV650 Mailing List
Subject: Re: Brake Upgrades

Maybe it's the difference in tracks or something, but I've done fine in
Washington with bone stock brakes - IIRC I was using the stock pads when
I took the #4 plate in 2000. Pacific and Spokane place a premium on
trail braking, maybe that's the difference. I'm certainly not noted for
braking hard, just deep That may be why a set of pads generally lasts me
2 seasons. Of course, I'm one of the few up here who uses his rear
brake, which usually wears out faster than the front. Took a few seasons
to figure it out, but again it's very useful for trail braking and in
the rain.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41