brake piston removal

David kerr ddjj660 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 22:16:28 PST 2007

So, this is the first time I've disassembled the brakes on my '99 SV650x. So far I have discovered that the brake
"fluid" was white and the cinsistancy of room temperature sour cream. What causes this?

I've also discovered that one or two of the seals are pushed out and showing next to the pistons.

 2nd Question: How in the world do you remove the brake pistons without the use of compressed air from the back as the service manual suggests. I obviously don't want to scratch, scar or squeeze the pistons, so what's the trick?

Lastly, any tips on cleaning and replacing the same pistons?

Thanks,
David