First gen fork setup Q's

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 06:41:13 PST 2007

Good advice from Ernie. Determine spacer length by setting up forks;
measure sag when YOU are on the bike. Find an easy point to measure,
record length, sit on bike, record legth again. Or use a tie wrap
around the fork leg, it will push up when you sit on the bike, raise
the front end so the forks have no weight on and measure the distance
between the dust seal and where it pushed the tie wrap to. You'll
want about 1 1/4" of sag; the difference between the number you get
and 1 1/4" is what you need to add (or subtract) to your next spacer.
BTW, PVC water pipe is cheap, easy to cut and makes great spacers.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41