hollow rear axle for SV650 (was: GSXR swinger on '03 SV)

Steve Brunton sbrunton at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 25 19:17:16 PST 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 9:14 PM, Patrick Mullen <pmullen.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> That pit bull stand looks better than the original in my opinion.  Maybe someone
> who has the STS stand can tell me it's different, but it looks like you have to
> back the bike into it, which means I can't put it back near the rear gate on
> my trailer.

The pit-bull also doesn't hang the rear tyre in the air like the STS
one. You are correct that you back the bike into the STS stand. Some
people mount them so the front tyre faces the rear of the trailer and
back the bikes up and into the trailer. Others (like me) push the bike
in past where the stand mounts, place the stand in the base and then
roll the bike backwards into the thing. If you measure it all out you
can set it up as close to the rear of the trailer as possible. Here
are pics of my setup in my trailer :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nshttpd/sets/72157600418784340/

-steve