jetting

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Mon Oct 1 14:08:24 PDT 2007

On Sep 29, 2007, at 7:08 PM, Randy Grein wrote:
> Now honestly I wouldn't run desnorkeled on the street - I kind of
> like the quiet, and I'm getting over 50 MPG, but then I'm weird.

You and me both.  When I bought my latest street bike, the factory
"sewing machine" exhaust was a positive for me ;-)

Also I'd like to point out that a lot of the SVs appear to run lean.
I can't tell you how many times I've met people with SV650s who did
the tank raise and stuff, and only made the bike run even worse, they
just don't know any better until they compared their popping exhaust
to my nice clean roll on/off.  So the changes that you find listed
everywhere for "improving" the bike are very YMMV *a lot*.

Zoran or someone who has touched lots of these things can probably
tell us if they vary a lot out of the factory or what the story is...

#553 WERA West / AFM
#5 SMRRC