Air Box Question

Joanna Moss jo at fapg.net
Tue Oct 2 12:53:44 PDT 2007

I am trying to put my air cleaner box back on my 2000 SV650. It seems to
fit tight over the outlet tubes to both carbs. I tighten the clamp
around the front carb and am still able to lift the air box off. It
keeps the outlet tube on the carb, but not on the air box. I see nothing
in the service manual about how this is supposed to fit back on (or come
off for that matter). I only had to loosen that one front clamp to get
it off. I also don't see anything to tighten it onto the rear carb. What
am I not getting? TIA.

- Joanna