where oh where did the oil go?

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Tue Oct 2 15:59:29 PDT 2007

On Oct 1, 2007, at 6:21 PM, Ernest Montague wrote:
> no if you are running stock carbs (  I seem to recall that) the oil
> vents into the airbox)

Ah, yes that makes perfect sense.  I went through all my cables and
found only a single one that drops down into the belly pan (beside
the clutch).  Yeah, bone stock.  That's why I'm going back to Proddy
form for 650P next year ;-)

> My previous motor times 2 had some serious mileage on it and easily
> consumed a half quart in a day, the current motor burns none.

Really?  My motor has always been gentle on oil.  I usually never
need to add any, just replace it every 2 race days or 10 track days,
whichever comes first.  This is a new development.  (which is
probably why I didn't think to check it very often)

#553 WERA West / AFM
#5 SMRRC