KC Gager kc at
Wed Oct 3 08:21:20 PDT 2007

Was this east cost tuning or was in out here on the west cost. And yes there
is a difference a big difference.

KC Gager
BRG Racing Products
"We Have Sickness For Quickness"
KC at

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Stewart [mailto:js at]
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 6:36 PM
To: Suzuki SV650 Mailing List
Subject: Re: jetting

Ernest Montague wrote:
> OK guys, there is a stock formula that used to work pretty well for gen
> one carbs with a race pipe and aftermarket filter or opened up stock
> filter....
> Anyone remember?
> 148 mains?  I do remember shim the stock needles 40 thou.
> Ernie

Hi, Ernie -

After half a million dyno runs, Jack Roe developed a formula for desnorkeled

airboxes and race pipe: 152.5 mains, 17.5 pilots, two shims (.040") under
needle, pilot screw at 2.5 (I think). He later recanted and recommended the
stock 15 pilots and 3 turns. He also recommended drilling out the bleed hole
the slide, but that didn't seem to make any difference on my bike.

It turns out that the desnorkeled airbox is a bad choice for a street bike -
flat spot at 5K or so. Maybe it works for a racebike - others can surely
tell you.

I have my own preferred settings for a street bike, but you're interested in

your racebike I assume...