factory pro-shift star

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Thu Oct 4 10:53:55 PDT 2007

I'm CCing the list because others there know more than I do.

Joe wrote:
> I believe I read one of your posts in which you said you had put in the
> factory pro shift star in both of your race bikes.  Did you run these bikes
> as stock for a while and then switch to the star or did you just put the
> star in as a "definite addition" to your race bikes.
>
> I have an '03 SV and am considering doing the same, if it makes a worthwhile
> improvement.

Well first I do have two racebikes, but one is an ex500 ;-)
(not counting the two-stroke and 120cc dirt bike)

On my 2002 sv650s it did seem to improve shifting feel, consistency.
However, we didn't install the Factory Pro Kit.  Zoran said that the '05
oem star was the same profile, and we installed that instead.

So from what I understand, getting the '05 star from your local dealer
is probably a better choice, but at this point I will defer to people
who know more than I.

--
Jo Rhett : velociRaptor Racing
#553 WERA / AFM