sv650/sharkskinz fairing stay question

Morgan Jones morgan at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 9 09:04:42 PDT 2007

(apologies for cross-posting, it was suggested this list might be a
better place for this question)

My bike is a '99 with full sharkskinz "SV" bodywork (not GSXR-style)
including an aluminum subframe in the front with replaceable "ears."  It
came this way so I don't know where the parts came from.  It cracked
this weekend where it mounts to the headstock.

I *think* this is what I have:
http://www.gptechllc.com/productsfairingbrackets.htm
or at least an older version.  My ears look the same but the main piece
doesn't have a mount for the tach.

Does gptech no longer make a fairing stay for the '99?

This also turned up in my searching:
http://www.brgracing.com/svFairing.html
I like the look but it seems like a minor low side would destroy it..
Any experiences or comments?

thanks.

-morgan

Morgan wrote:

> This is killing me because I know it was *just* answered..  I can't find
> it in the archives though.
>

> I can't find a photo of the Sharksinz subframe but I remember someone on
> the list suggesting a better part, I believe it's the one with the
> replaceable ears like mine.  Something tells me the Sharkskinz is one piece.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thanks,
>
> -morgan

This is the SV/DL Riders mail list.