SV Won't Start

Joanna Moss jo at fapg.net
Tue Oct 9 21:46:01 PDT 2007

I got the SV back together from crashing three weeks ago. The oil leak
just turned out to be oil from the breather. I thought everything else
was minor. However, now it won't start. It had no trouble before the
crash. I hit the start button and I hear the solenoid click, but nothing
beyond that. Connectivity to the starter relay is good. When I short the
relay, the bike still does not start. There is also good connectivity to
the starter motor. According to the service manual, that there must be
something wrong with the starter motor. I am wondering how I can tell if
this is the problem without taking the starter motor apart.

Anyone have any other ideas what could be going on here?

- Joanna