racebike setup

Brian Bonner indy1992 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:37:20 PDT 2007

OK, so I probably should have asked this before I raced my bike but I wonder if some of the racers on the list can share some basic setup info. I guess I'm looking for front and rear ride heights and sag settings (with a stock front end, not Gixxer).
I converted my racebike from a naked by putting a front end bought from a fellow LRRS racer (with race tech emulators and .90 springs) and a Penske double clicker on it. The bike had a GSXR shock on it when I bought it with non-stock (shorter) dogbone links. I kind of put everything together at the last minute so I didn't have a chance to do any setup at all but it seemed to handle pretty decently as it was but it liked to run wide a bit in faster corners even with the front end dropped in the clamps and the shorter links in the back (higher rear ride height).
It'd be very useful to have a baseline to work from instead of fumbling around in the dark.

Thanks in advance,
Brian B.
LRRS #97