racebike setup

zoran zv30 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 16 16:50:49 PDT 2007

what year?

Zoran Vujasinovic
Twin Works Factory
775-690-5171
http://www.twfracing.com/index.html
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bonner" <indy1992 at hotmail.com>
To: <sv650 at micapeak.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:37 PM
Subject: racebike setup

OK, so I probably should have asked this before I raced my bike but I wonder
if some of the racers on the list can share some basic setup info. I guess
I'm looking for front and rear ride heights and sag settings (with a stock
front end, not Gixxer).
I converted my racebike from a naked by putting a front end bought from a
fellow LRRS racer (with race tech emulators and .90 springs) and a Penske
double clicker on it. The bike had a GSXR shock on it when I bought it with
non-stock (shorter) dogbone links. I kind of put everything together at the
last minute so I didn't have a chance to do any setup at all but it seemed
to handle pretty decently as it was but it liked to run wide a bit in faster
corners even with the front end dropped in the clamps and the shorter links
in the back (higher rear ride height).
It'd be very useful to have a baseline to work from instead of fumbling
around in the dark.

Thanks in advance,
Brian B.
LRRS #97