FI Fuel filter price?

Architeuthis dux rg-sv650 at v0.net
Thu Oct 18 09:06:15 PDT 2007

Armen Amirian wrote:
> Am I looking in the wrong place or is the fuel filter
> for  a 2003 FI SV650 over 200 clams?
> thanks,
> -Armen

I think its poorly broken out on the parts schematic.

The $209 part:

FILTER ASSY, FUEL
15410-42F00

on the fiche seems to correspond to both the "fuel pressure regulator"
and "fuel pump case/fuel filter cartridge" in the service manual, so its
a lot more than just the filter cartridge.  Unfortunately, I don't see a
separate part number for just the cartridge filter.

The manual says "if the fuel mesh filter is clogged... replace the
filter cartridge" but otherwise doesn't mention a need to replace the
cartridge, it just talks about cleaning the mesh.  Are you sure you need
to replace yours?

-rg