: Another tech question

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Oct 28 20:19:52 PDT 2007

Huh. Well, all I can say then is what Zoran already told you - the
Speedo unit is connected to the front wheel and has nothing to do
with the gear ratio. I don't know why your GPS would be giving a
different reading, but it may have something to do with instrument
error. Speedometers are supposed to read optimistic by something like
8%, I have no idea the accuracy of a GPS system. I can tell you that
in general 5% error is considered very good with normal instruments,
and that error rates add.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41