: Another tech question

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Mon Oct 29 08:09:47 PDT 2007

I'm not convinced, but then I'm not the one using it. We have a
published uncertainty in one instrument (the speedo), an unknown
uncertainty in the GPS and a big discrepancy in measured speed. I
work, and have worked with many electronic instruments - people tend
to trust them because they're hi-tech, or because they read to 3
digits, or because they're new. In reality they're no better than
what they are replacing, they just have different places error creeps
in. Comparison against a known standard is the best way to resolve
this question, but not so easy in practice.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41