Fuel Capacity

Joanna Moss jo at fapg.net
Fri Sep 7 07:06:23 PDT 2007

Ilya A. Kriveshko wrote:
> Joanna,
>
> I only ride the SV on the track, so I can't answer the question directly.
>
> But first thing I do when I get a new bike is strap a gas can to the
> back and ride until I run out of fuel. That way I get a good idea of the
> total range and the fuel light timing. I'm not being a smart Aleck - I
> recommend this procedure to everyone who asks me the fuel light question.

I don't think you are being a smart aleck. That makes sense. This last
time, I got gas shortly after the light went on solid. I tried to fill
it completely and subtract that from 4.2 to see that volume. That would
have let me know what I wanted. However, there was a credit card issue
and I had to prepay $10, so the tank is not full.

- Joanna