Fuel Capacity

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Fri Sep 7 14:30:45 PDT 2007

On Sep 6, 2007, at 7:14 PM, Joanna Moss wrote:
> Does anyone know how much fuel is in the reserve when the fuel
> light starts blinking and then when it stays on solid? I recently
> acquired a longer commute to work and would like to know when "get
> off the freeway now" is or if it can wait until I get to my
> neighborhood. I cannot find this info in the user or service manuals.

On my 2002 I could go all the way from home to work (~38 miles) after
that light started blinking.  If I was at the track I would finish
the session unless it was right at the beginning. When the light goes
solid you should finish your lap and come on in.

NOTE: sometime after I turned the commute bike into a race bike the
light stopped turning solid entirely, so I had to start counting laps
after it started blinking.  This makes me think that YMMV-A-LOT.

#553 WERA West / AFM
#5 SMRRC