Fuel Capacity

Steve Brunton sbrunton at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 7 19:22:51 PDT 2007

On 9/7/07, Robert Clifford <BorisHasPlan at comcast.net> wrote:
> I don't think your body could do 1 hour stints (unless you tried it) at race
> pace.
> 40 minutes was it for us. Six total rotations.

Ben and Brett were doing around 88 minute stints on the Brand X
GSXR-1000 a couple of weeks ago at Tally. I think they did 90 or so at
Miller. Don't know what will happen tomorrow here at Nelsons. Last
year Cale pushed close to the two hour mark during the opening stint
on the Ghetto Customs SV650 at Tally. We actually have longer stint
times on the BrandX bike than Vesrah does on their stuff. Usually Lee
Acree has the longest stints probably due to him being so kind on the
equipment while Tray Batey usually has the shortest, then again he is
the Trayborg and he's running around a second or two a lap faster than
anyone else. Vesrah usually does around 50 to 60 minute stints, but
that's on purpose too I think since they run out of tyres too.

-steve