G1 won't stay running

MikeJ735 at aol.com MikeJ735 at aol.com
Sun Sep 9 18:07:20 PDT 2007

I have an 01 with flatslides and the G2 intake swap.  The bike  doesn't start
unless I have almost full throttle and then back it off a bit once  it does
start.  Won't stay running unless I hold the throttle open  either.  My trouble
shooting so far has been to check the plugs, drain the  bowls, new gas,
adjusted the idle high, and just a general cleaning of the  carbs.  All to no
avail.  Battery is charged also.   With  the tank up while starting it seems like
there is a lot of fuel kind of  "misting" from the carbs.  Also a slight smell
of oil?   Any  ideas?