1st Gen Steering Head issue

Robert Clifford BorisHasPlan at comcast.net
Wed Sep 12 22:29:17 PDT 2007

If the triple tree is properly tighten, and the races aren't grooved or
dented, check to see if the races are loose in the frame.

On a badly crashed FZR400 frame we brought in to GPFrameAndWheel, Gerry
pointed out the slightly egged out neck. You could rock the races back and
forth.

I believe he said some frames are more susceptible than others. Don't know
if this is true with the 1st gen.

Robert