radiator temp guage thread size/pitch?

Dave C dlc-mica at halibut.com
Thu Sep 20 22:02:25 PDT 2007

The thing in the radiator is not the thermocouple, it's the
fan switch.  The thermocouple goes into the thermostat body
between the carbs.  It's a pain in the ass to get out, too,
because it's hard to hold the housing still.  Next time I'll
drain the hoses and put the housing on the workbench.

And in fact I just found my old thermoswitch on the workbench and
it's sitting here in front of me threaded into a 1/8" x 27 NPT die.
(I installed the Daytona temp meter.)

I'm making the assumption that this is completely replacing any
stock dash and you aren't keeping the original idiot light.