How do you like the vapor?

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Fri Sep 21 14:23:51 PDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 10:17 PM, Architeuthis dux wrote:
> Jo Rhett wrote:
>> On Sep 18, 2007, at 1:52 PM, Architeuthis dux wrote:
>>> Question 3 (bonus surprise question!) While I'm nuking wires,
>>> since I destroyed my instrument cluster and bought a Veypor as a
>>> replacement
>>
>> How do you like the Vapor unit?
>>
>> What size temp sensor did you get?  (I still haven't pulled mine
>> to determine the thread size)
>>
> The Veypor doesn't have a temp sensor.
> http://www.veypor.com/product.html
>
> As a total gauge replacement, I realized I'm also missing idiot
> lights, but I'm hoping I can wire up at least an oil pressure
> light, just in case.

Oh, I thought you mis-spelled Vapor ;-)  The Trailtech Vapor is a
cheaper unit (no lap timer) which does have optional idiot lights:
       http://www.trailtech.net/75-301.html

This has a 6mm screw-in sensor that should mount right up to the
stock hole in radiator.
(I'm going to confirm tonight, they have a 3/4" version too)

If you get the following component to hold the sensor, it has both a
mounting bracket and 4 standard 12v sensors, for oil, fuel, etc.
	http://www.trailtech.net/022-PDA.html

#553 WERA West / AFM
#5 SMRRC