jetting

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sat Sep 29 19:08:26 PDT 2007

The flat spot is due to inappropriate needles. I ran several editions
of the snorkelectomy (no filter stock pipe, stock filter & M4, M4 &
BMC, Acropovik & BMC) and can say that the tuning varies somewhat
depending on the pipe and bike. For example, did you know the jetting
fore/aft changes between an M4 and Acropovik? Or even that there is a
differential needed for the main jets?

Now honestly I wouldn't run desnorkeled on the street - I kind of
like the quiet, and I'm getting over 50 MPG, but then I'm weird. If
someone is interested I do have the factory kit with the BMC race
filter, all set to go. (My race bike is on flatslides now, so the kit
was retired.) It was pricy at $200, but I figure I got good use out
of it and won't need it anymore. Make an offer....

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41