Newbie Question: Rear brake switch

tucker g perry tuckergperry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:18:06 PDT 2008

Hello all.

I just picked up a 2002 SV650/S that has been fantastic. When I purchased
it, the spring that actuates the brake light for the rear brake was broken.
I have a replacement spring, but I can't figure out where to connect it at
the bottom. The upper connection is clear, but the lower connection doesn't
seem to sit well when hooked with the pedal return spring, and I can't find
another mounting point. I've gone over the shop manual and can't find a
reference to it. Can someone explain where to connect it, or send along a
picture?

Much obliged,
tucker

--