Clutch pushrod question(s)

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Apr 20 15:14:20 PDT 2008

Ensure the pushrod is seated back in the clutch basket. That is, pull
it out from the motor a bit, sight the level it sat in before (easy to
do, the part inside the motor will be clean and oily, outside the seal
will be at least a little dirty with chain spooge) and make sure it
snicks back in to the proper level.
Check that it's straight of course.
Then, making SURE the actuator is sitting correctly (can't say how
many times I've had the inner race roll out and lose ball bearings)
install it loosely.
Make sure the lever arm on the mechanism is roughly at a 90 degree
angle with the clutch cable.
Now you can back off the 10mm locknut, back out the adjuster with a
flat blade screwdriver and tighten the mounting bolts.
After that's done adjust the set screw - screw it in to just snug,
then back out 1/8-1/4 turn.
Tighten the locknut.
Make the final adjustments with the threaded adjusters at the clutch
lever itself and where the cable enters the engine.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41