How to fix tank overflow tube

Wendell Crain wendell_crain at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 15:14:08 PDT 2008

I know I have seen this somewhere, either here or on svrider.com but cannot remember. I have done some searches, but must not be using the right keywords to pick it up. Or not recognizing it. Anyway, I found today in changing my gas cap that the drainage tube that is welded to recess of the area the cap sits in has broken off the top of the tank. Can anyone point me in the direction of fixing this quickly? We have an endurance race next Saturday, the 9th, and the kids are doing sprints on the next day. If it is not an easy or quick fix, my thought was to get a small bolt and nut with a couple rubber washers to seal off the opening. Then pinch closed the tube inside the tank. This could cause an issue with water around the cap because it would have no where to go, but I am kind of limited in options. The only other thing would be if someone had an extra tank they wanted to get rid of and could ship out quickly.

Thanks!

Wendell