How to fix tank overflow tube

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 14:33:42 PDT 2008

Eh, your proposed fix will not - that is, it should not pass tech
anywhere and it won't be safe. (Neither are breather tubes that crack
off during normal use, but we won't consider that here.) Best option
if you can't find one is to clean the tank and weld it back together.
There's an entire safety issue with this in that it can be done safely
- but the welder needs to know what they're doing. Clean tank, fill
with inert substance (I use water), weld with care. Well, I actually
braze instead of welding - easier with a gas torch and super-thin tank
material.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41