rearset bracket lower hole rethread?

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Mon Aug 4 13:14:37 PDT 2008

I may have broken the bolt, but when I was tightening down the rearset
bracket on my 2005 yesterday the bolt went soft on me and never got
tight.  I assume the threads are torn to crap or something.  Obviously
replacing it would be replacing the entire carcass, so that's out of
the question.

Choice 1: tap a slightly bigger thread and use a replacement bolt --
can do

Is there a choice 2?  Any options for keeping the same bolt size?
Stuff I can fill in there, and then re-tap with the same size die?

#553 WERA / AFM