front tire rubber snot

Roger Gonzalez rg-sv650 at
Tue Aug 19 09:53:23 PDT 2008

After a race, my rear tire looks pretty good (smooth wear, rubber snot
at the very edges), but my front tire is always covered with a mat of
irregular pea-sized to bean-sized rubber blobs down the center third.

Is this normal?  If not, is it due to the fact that I'm a wuss and
overbrake for most turns?  Suspension or tire pressure issue?  It looks
to me like the result of some sort of high frequency chatter under
braking, but its nothing I feel while riding.

I'm 225# with gear, and I have 5mm of (OEM/K3) tube above the triple,
.95kg/mm springs w/ RaceTech, and a Diablo SuperCorsa DOT at 29lbs cold.