heli-coil for passenger pegs?

David Chamberlin dwc at nautiboy.com
Tue Aug 19 14:08:00 PDT 2008

I'm having trouble with my mail, so apologies if this goes out twice.

Hey,

It appears that the hole where the rear passenger pegs screw into the
frame is stripped.  Normally I wouldn't care so much except that
that's where the frame for my givi luggage attaches.  Looking at it,
it looks like it's basically just a regular nut that's welded/encased
onto the frame.  Is it possible to use a heli-coil in this scenario?
If so, anyone know of local places to pick up a heli-coil kit?  Would
Kragen's have it?  OSH, home depot, ... ?

This is on an '03 nekkid.

-Dave