GSXR fork revisited

Henrik Bo Pedersen henrikbp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 08:53:45 PST 2008

I'm finally getting around to putting that 2006 GSXR 600 fork on my '99 SV
and have a couple of questions. I don't have the $$ for a Full Monty fork
rebuild/revalve, so springs and a few other essentials is it for now.

- I found from previous threads about this, that the GSXR forks are too
short for the SV, and that folks have used "fork extenders" to get the
geometry right. All I could find for extenders are Traxxion Extended Fork
Caps:  http://www.traxxion.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ESFC

Is that what I need? I thought it was a shorter top-out spring, but
apparently not for the later model forks.

- other than springs, what else (inexpensive) should I do to the forks?

Thanks

Henrik