Recommendations on foldable one-rail motorcycle trailer?

Jo Rhett jorhett at fastlizardracing.com
Fri Feb 22 11:43:28 PST 2008

I'd like to offer my advice on small bike trailers behind sedans ...
just say no.  I pulled my bikes behind a Mitsubishi Eclipse for 3
years before I bought the minivan.  I still have the trailer in my
garage.  Functionally, it worked great.

However, nobody on the road sees them.  I had to swerve when people
tried to merge into them numerous times.  I had people bump into the
trailer.  I was always driving fearful when I had the bikes on back.

Finally I was sideswiped on 580 in Oakland, and it broke the hinge,
lock, chains and sent both bikes careening across 4 lanes of
traffic.  Thank god the bikes weighed enough to hold the trailer
down, and the bikes escaped unscathed.  But that was the end for me,
and I bought a minivan as the bike transport.

Given that the Odyssey gets 26mpg with two 650s in the back on the
highway, it's the best compromise for a single car solution.

#553 WERA / AFM