Recommendations on foldable one-rail motorcycle trailer?

John spam at onlineconcepts.com
Mon Feb 25 13:21:58 PST 2008

Jake Meyer wrote:
> Haha... thanks for the advice.  I am thinking of getting into racing.  It
> appears to be more fun and, in a way, safer than the street.  At the same
> time, I need a new daily driver.  With my entire commute being highway
> driving, I figured I'd go for a light truck that can take my bike to and
> from the track and still get 26mpg for my daily commute.  Still, my last toy
> was/is a muscle car so gas will be cheaper no matter what!

You should combine your love of muscle cars with the need for a pickup
truck and get an El Camino! I'm kinda kidding. I am learning quickly
that you can't consider a 38-year-old vehicle a daily driver. Also,
forget about good gas mileage. Luckily, I ride my bike to work most
days.

On a serious note, GM will release a Camino-esque vehicle at the New
York Auto Show. It's a sporty package with a 300+ HP V8 for $31K.

Pontiac G8 ST Is Coming to the New York Auto Show
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/autoshows/nyas2008/gm/pontiac/g8stcoming.html

Here's a review of the Australian model on which this is based.
http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/2007/holden/firstdrive/page1.html

I'm looking to squeeze my SV into the back of my El Camino using a Pit
Bull trailer restraint. I'll post pics somewhere if/when I get that
working.

-John
'99 SV650
'98 VFR800