I owe you a six pack

dave sapsis dsapsis at comcast.net
Fri Jan 18 18:37:14 PST 2008

Green Death was a Ranier product brewed out of Seattle.  Lager beer but
brewed to around 17 Plato or 7% ABV. Historically around 25 IBU but
lowered in the 70's.  Mickeys was a Heileman (Milwuakee) product.  Only
around 15 Plato.  No where near as strong.  Both are holdouts from
regional breweries that dominated the pre- and post-war era untill the
late 50's/early 60's.  The beauty of the Big Mouth was eponymous -- it
was originally packaged in 11oz bottles with a large pull-tab  revealing
a massive opening-- stuff went down like from a beer bong.

Heilmans ended up buying Ranier around 1985, and subsequently Heilmans
got bought by Miller.  So it goes.  As a freshman in college in Seatle,
I wnet on my fair sahre of free tours at the brewery just south of
downtown.  It was a sad day when it closed.

Ernie -- horrible is entirely in the mouth of  the beholder...
--dave