I owe you a six pack

Donlon McGovern mcgovern at hevanet.com
Sat Jan 19 09:46:35 PST 2008

From: "Octavia Kingen"
I love it... the list comes alive for beer!  :)

Green Death, Brew 102, Schlitz, Redbud, Griesedich, Hamms....those weren't
beers but cheap substitutes that tasted like they'd already been passed
through someones' kidneys and only struggling high school and college
students could either steal or afford...how'd we ever survive?
It is a great diversionary thread though. If you want to discuss beers come
to Portland, the American (and possibly the world) capital of microbrewing.
I don't believe there is a town in this state that doesn't have a microbrew
pub. To my tastebuds Black Butte Porter comes as close to the nectar of the
gods as a brewmaster can achieve. Of course then there's Bridgeport IPA and
Hammerhead and Drop Top, and on and on and on. But then I'm partial to ales.
dm