racebike fork height?

Roger Gonzalez rg-sv650 at v0.net
Thu Jul 3 11:00:01 PDT 2008

I have the racetech front end in my 2003 650N and I'm installing
.95kg/mm springs today. (was at .90 - I'm 210# w/o gear)  I've been
running with the caps level with the top of the bracket (I think that is
the stock position?) but a suspension guy I talked to recommended 10mm
of tube above the triple.  That seems like a pretty big change to me; I
might just try 5mm and see how it feels.  Thoughts?

Not looking forward to roasting at Thunderhill this weekend,

-rg