racebike fork height?

Ulrich Wiedmann uw_micapeak at wiedmann.org
Sat Jul 5 11:39:13 PDT 2008

Haven't seen it mentioned yet: I'm not 100% sure about this, but I thought
all Penske shocks are height-adjustable.

You can get the quicker turn-in as well by raising the rear. The nice thing
about the Penske's is that this is a really easy thing to do - so you can do
some trial & error at the track.

W.r.t. the GSXR forks & length - Doesn't the rake of the forks vary from
stock after the mod? This would mean that it's not really an
apples-to-apples comparison. i.e., despite the fact that the forks are 1"
shorter, it's not the same as lowering the stock forks 1".

-- Ulrich

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Randy Grein <randygrein at comcast.net> wrote:

> I did it for several years. Not bad, but the competition wasn't as stiff as
> it is now.
>
> You're  just my size Roger, and the .85 springs should do you well. As to
> fork drop you should end up around 14 mm - this is primarily due to the
> increased ride height from stock.  That is, if the 2nd gen naked forks are
> the same as the 1st gen. At 14 mm they JUST miss touching the lower triple.
> Funny thing is the GSXR forks are over an inch shorter and feel great.
>
> Randy Grein, WMRRA #41
>
> On Jul 3, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Roger Gonzalez wrote:
>
> Yep, stock triple clamps for the naked.  And yes, I have the Penske rear -
>> can't imagine riding without it.  :-)
>>
>> I'll give 10mm a try this weekend.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -rg
>>
>> Steve Robertson wrote:
>>
>>> 10mm may be a relatively big change from where you are currently at
>>> but many racers run that and more. Nothing wrong with going 5mm at
>>> a time to let yourself adjust, but the number he suggested isn't radical
>>> at
>>> all. Are you running your stock triple clamps or some off of a "S"? If