racebike fork height?

Randy Grein randygrein at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 23:18:34 PDT 2008

Rear height is more than just turn-in, it affects spin-up, overall
height, etc. The 14mm number is what most of the fast riders have
found works with the first gen naked bikes - the S model forks are a
bit different length; I'm not sure what's needed there. In any case,
raising the rear affects the turn-in less than dropping the forks. The
whole thing is explained in Max Macallister's video 'Suspension Tuning
for Mortals', still being sold over at traxxion.com.

You're almost right about why the GSXR forks feel fine, but I believe
it's not rake, but trail - which is mostly set by the triple clamps.
However, I haven't actually measured, so if anyone knows better I'll
defer to a real measurement.

Randy Grein, WMRRA #41