only getting 45mpg on 2001 svs?

Dave C dlc-mica at halibut.com
Fri Jul 18 14:12:19 PDT 2008

I don't get it.  I get about 35-37mpg on my California 2000 with shimmed
needles but stock jets, filter, and can.  I have a Targa universal fairing,
and also run saddlebags.  I've always had poor mileage on this bike.  (I bought
it new).  Am I really just that ham-fisted or is this Targa fairing like driving
a piece of plywood?